Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Do you stand on your toes?

A new phenomenon is taking part in different countries all over the world. It's called "Toe Standers". And what started out as a facebook group, has now grown to a full website with members from over 10 different countries.

Toe Standers are a collective group of individuals who believe they literally need to stand on their toes in every photo. It is a must, and the more creative the spot the more praise from the community. There are even photos of people atop the Eiffel tower in Paris and underwater while scuba diving. Their creativity almost has an artistic merit.

One night in February, while the snow was shit, and the weather was less than favorable, Darren from Voleurz and I were out together on a shoot. While Nugget and Caleb were both warming up, and I was just about to fire my first test shot, Darren left his camera and walked right into my frame. I didn't think much of it at the time, because it was just a test shot. Nuggest drops in for an ollie, Darren leans into a mean toe stand, and I snap my first photo of the night. After I took the shot, Darren exclaimed "There are no standards for Toe Standers!"

Shit, now I've been caught taking a photo of a Toe Stander.

Are you crazy
Gonzo

No comments: