Monday, June 2, 2008

The Jitters

Every now and then, I encounter a situation that is out of my control. I am not talking about your usual cops showing up and busting a session. What I am talking about is a case of "the jitters".

The people that choose to put themselves in front of my lens all know that I like to keep things as stress free as possible. I never push them to do things they don't want to do and I rarely ask them to redo something. Usually when they redo something, it was their decision because they didn't like the style. So basically, I try to be on my game, so they have one less thing to worry about while they're doing theirs.

But, it is not always that easy. There's more to getting a photo than setting up lights and going click. The people themselves have a huge mental game to go through every time they decide to essentially throw themselves down things in a graceful, yet stylistic manner. Occasionally, you hit a mental block, and there is nothing you can do about it. But you know what, I am cool with that. I still get to spend an evening with my friends, and my camera.

Are you crazy
Gonzo

No comments: